Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Prayer for teachers everywhere

This is the prayer that began this journey...

Over the next few days/weeks, I will be posting the prayers and articles that I have sent to the Prayerlogue list. This way, I'll have a "searchable" listing for the work, plus have it available to newcomers.

Except for the part about the school year coming to a close, this prayer could be prayed every day for teachers.

Betty

>>Today I lift up teachers.
As it is coming close to the end of the school year, I lift you up in prayer. As you struggle with students who are thinking of everything but school, I pray for continued success in the classroom. I know you, you care deeply about your “work” (I know it should more appropriately be called your “calling.”) And so, I pray for you.

I pray for the students that you are concerned about - the ones who are failing as well as the ones who are just not living up to their potential. I pray that God may use you to reach them, or give you comfort in doing the best you could have done.

I pray for tensions in the schools, whether in yours or surrounding schools, for tension in any creates tension in all. I pray for those students whose lives are filled with the tension that they bring to school. Perhaps it’s family oriented, or perhaps it’s internal, and the family is as concerned as you are - whichever, I pray for these kids.

I pray for you as an individual. I know that you are “real people” too, and have issues and other concerns outside of the schoolhouse. I pray that God will give you strength and wisdom in dealing with your struggles. I also pray for your praises - those things that bring you great joy. You give so much; you should be filled with joy.

And I pray for your prayers. May God hear the questions of your mind and give you wisdom. May God hear the cries of your heart and give you peace.

In the Name of the One who was called “Great Teacher” (oh teacher, what a noble profession and model you have chosen to follow.)
In His name I pray, Amen.<<

1 Comments:

Blogger Betty Newman said...

The number one "search term" that brings folks to my blog are the words, "prayers for teachers" or "prayers for teachers and staff." (I have a couple of other posts that come up when you search on those words.)

I posted this particular prayer 3 years ago, and it is amazing to me how many "hits" I've gotten on it from all over the world - and I do mean ALL over the world.

If you would, as you "find" this blog, would you leave a comment stating where you are located.

I'm not asking for personal info - just "where in the world" you are.

Thank you - and I pray for your teachers as well!

betty

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home