Monday, August 01, 2005

Zechariah 10:1 Prayer

Zec 10:1 Ask rain from the LORD at the time of the spring rain-- The LORD who makes the storm clouds; And He will give them showers of rain, vegetation in the field to each man.

Give me what I need Lord, at the time that I need it. Open my eyes to see Your providence in seemingly “natural” and “normal” occurrences.

Father, I know that “every good gift” comes from You. When those “good gifts” come packaged in difficult times, give me strength and wisdom. Just as the “spring rain” causes the crops to grow, so I realize that it is in the difficult times that we most often do the most growing.

Thank You for the “showers of blessings” that you have so graciously and lovingly poured upon us. Father we know that we have been so blessed. My struggles and difficulties are so minute when compared with others, but they are huge to me, and I know that as Your child, what concerns me, concerns You. Thank You for that assurance.

Now give me grace to ask, grace to receive, and grace to stand within the storms to await the growth that the “spring rain” brings…

In Jesus’ name - Amen



COMMENTARY ON ZECHARIAH 10:1

The "spring" rain - from reading the other commentaries - this rain was (in their climate) for the ripening of the harvest.

We (in our climate) think of "spring" rains as those that prepares the harvest, that allows and supports the crops in their growth phase.

So we must look at this in its original meaning of the "latter" rains, but as I read and study this passage for my own life - I must read it as God speaks to my heart in my own atmosphere and environment.

In that regard I see this as ask God to act or intercede in a manner that is in keeping with his character. In other words, don't ask God for snow in July or for cows to fly. Ask for the rain at the time of rain. The unbelieving man will say that it's just "time" for the rain anyway, but the believer will know that God could just as easily withhold the rain, but instead blesses us by giving it.

This, of course, is not only speaking of rain, but of every blessing from God. And indeed, every good gift comes from God.

Someone once said, "if we never prayed, how would we know to thank God when He acts?"

Betty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home