Thursday, June 30, 2005

Psalms 5: 1-7 Prayer

Psalms 5:1-7
Give ear to my words, O LORD, Consider my groaning.
Heed the sound of my cry for help, my King and my God,
For to You I pray.
In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice;
In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.
For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness;
No evil dwells with You.
The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes;
You hate all who do iniquity.
You destroy those who speak falsehood;
The LORD abhors the man of bloodshed and deceit.
But as for me, by Your abundant loving-kindness
I will enter Your house,
At Your holy temple I will bow in reverence for You.

(Collective prayer)

Oh Father, as we bring our prayer to You this morning,
we know that You do indeed hear us.
Even though we are wicked, You hear us. We are boastful, we do iniquity, we speak falsehoods. And while we may not actually be a person of bloodshed, we are still a people of deceit.
But although we are all these things, because of Your loving-kindness and abundant grace, we are allowed to enter Your house.
And it is here, O God, that we bow in reverence to You.
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home