Thursday, October 13, 2005

Unleashing The Power - Part Two

Unleashing the Power - Part Two

Just what happens when you or I say to someone, “I’ll be praying for you?” Why not just say, “I’ll be thinking about you?” What difference does it make?

If I thought that someone was “thinking” about me, would that not still warm my heart? Would that not still bring me comfort? Of course it would. And is that not what it’s supposed to be doing - warming my heart and bringing me comfort? Then why say, “I’ll pray for you”? Why not just say, “I’ll be thinking about you”?

This is why. When I tell someone, “I’ll pray for you.” I am unleashing a Power that has 3 channels of distribution – outward, inward, and upward. And not only that, but it is a Power of Trinitarian proportions! This “outward, inward, and upward” contains Father, Son and Holy Spirit, all three within each direction, with each direction glorifying the Three in One!

And it’s a Power that is unleashed exponentially on mankind. In other words, the “type” of power unleashed is multiplied by, and depends on, the person experiencing the words, “I’ll pray for you.”


First, there’s the “Committed Christian”, that person who knows and loves God. These are the people we’re more likely to say this to - those who understand and believe like we do. To them it is:
Outward: A “Bond” of sharing our mutual Faith in God.
Inward: It’s giving a “peace that passeth all understanding.”
Upward: An opportunity for praise to The Father.

Then there’s the “Casual Believer” – that person that is not actually an atheist, they know there is a God, but they don’t think a whole lot about it. They’re not committed to Him. They may or may not be a Christian. These are the real tests to our witness. To them it becomes:
Outward: A witness, or stand, that I am not afraid or ashamed to make.
Inward: It is a comfort to them that they are being thought about.
Upward: It is a challenge to them to think about God.

To the “entity” – that “group” of people we pray for; “The Church”, or “Our Country”, or “The Armed Forces”, or any group of people, there is still another release of “Power”.
Outward: It is an affirmation of God’s Sovereign and Omnipotent Power.
Inward: It is God’s Omnipresence – His being with everyone, everywhere, all the time.
Upward: It is His Omniscience that He knows all and loves all, and wants all to be His children.

By saying to someone, “I’ll pray for you” also unleashes a Power to me as well.


To be continued tomorrow…


Betty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home