Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Random thoughts of comfort

BE BOLD AND PROCLAIM
IN THE FACE OF ALL FEAR
EVEN SO
IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL…

*******************************************************
In reading in the book of Corinthians last night I came across the passage that says that about God not putting more on us than we can bear... you know - the phrase that everyone quotes when they don't know what to say...HOWEVER what it really says is that God will not put more on us than HE will provide a way through! "WE" ain't got anything to do with it! (ain't that the way it always is!)


By the way, the Greek word for “temptation” is peirasmos which means
a putting to proof (by experiment [of good], experience [of evil], solicitation, discipline or provocation); by implication adversity: -

*********************************************************
Job said, “Though He slay me, yet will I serve Him.”

And I say, “through my tears (or sick stomach) yet will I exalt
the name of my God!

*********************************************************

“All things work together for good, for those who love the Lord,
and are called according to His purpose.”

As Christians, we embrace this scripture;
as humans, we tend to forget it
unless we are espousing it to someone else during their struggle.

Oh that the faith we have in God’s working in another’s life
would consume our own hearts and spirits during times of trial.

******************************************

He is There

I cry with the Psalmist
and even My Lord

“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”
Where have You gone
Why have You hidden Your face?

But even as the cry
tears forth from my lips
The very words I’ve forgotten in my head
hold tight
in the depths of my heart

“I will never leave you
nor forsake you…”

And I know
He is there....

*****************************************************

(Oh Jennifer, my friend, I love you and will continue to pray for you and your family.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home