Sunday, January 01, 2006

What now, Lord?

What now, Lord? What would You have me do now? My role as “daughter” is over; complete; fulfilled.

As long as my children are living, I will be “Mother” but, they’re married or in college, so even my role there is different. And I ask, “What now, Lord?

How appropriate to be asking this on January 1st. It’s the beginning of a new year, and also of a new phase in my life, and I wonder, what You would have me do.

I wonder, would You have me be a little more “Martha?” I’ve always joked (but it is actually true) that I ascribe to the “Mary-method” of housekeeping - I’d rather sit at the feet of Jesus and study than keep house…but Martha did more than “keep house” didn’t she?

Martha was concerned that “things” get done - that people’s day to day needs be met. Perhaps I need to do more of that.

It’s easy for me to study and pray. I could spend hours doing that. It’s harder for me to “see” day to day needs - food, clothing, (gulp) housekeeping

Open my eyes, Lord in this New Year and in this new chapter in my life. I am “wife” forever and always, (and sometimes feel like I “take” much more than I “give” in that role) but I have a feeling that You have a new direction for me to go in my “ministry” life now.

I am a little “nervous” about it, yes, and a little afraid, but I am excited for I know that if You lead me to it You will lead me through it. And if it is Your will, it will be good!

So, let the year begin…

In Jesus’ name - Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home