Sunday, November 20, 2005

4 years in a row...

For the 4th straight year I have viewed the Christmas lights of Knoxville from a window in Baptist Hospital. I pray that I won't have to do it again...

2002 and 2003 were with my Mother, and 2004 and 2005 was/is with my Dad.

It is not an easy thing to do. But I pray, that God in His mercy will grant me the privilege of being at Daddy's side when he goes home, as I was with my Mother - although Mother being "Mother" waited until I went into the next room for no more than 5 minutes to draw her last breath.

That was so like her - doing things her way, and wanting to "spare" me... (If you knew my Mother, you'd definitely smile at the truth of that - and many people tell me that I am just like her...!)

Carl is not my "biological" father, but he is the only "Daddy" I've ever known since I was 4 years old. It's been said that "any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Daddy!" and that is so true.

I love this man, and he was dedicated to my Mother!May God grant him peace and ease, and grant us strength...May His name be glorified!

Betty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home