Thursday, December 14, 2006

Come, Oh Come Emmanuel (Personal Version)

One of my favorite Christmas songs is "Come, Oh Come Emmanuel" but it has such haunting lyrics, that it spoke to my personal soul as well. This is my version.

Come, Oh Come Emmanuel
(Personal Version)

Come, oh come, Thou Son of God Most High
And free my soul from sin
my spirit cries.
Restore the fellowship within
that crumbled at the bid of sin.

Refrain 1:
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
has come to take my place
in judgment’s hell!

Come, oh come, Thou Lover of my soul
And lift me from this pit
this darkest hole.
That clouds my days and nights with fear
until Your precious light appears.

(Refrain 1)

Come, oh come, thou Sunshine of my days
and lead my walk
in all Thy perfect ways.
And keep my pathway to the right
in ease of walk
or rocky mountain flights.

(Refrain 1)

Come, oh come, Thou Triumph o’re the grave
and walk with me
when comes my final days.
Then wing my soul washed white by Thy blood
into my Father’s presence
and His love.


Refrain 2:
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
prepares on high a home
for me to dwell.


©Betty J. Newman
December 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home