Friday, November 04, 2005

And it moved me to tears...

I read in Entrepreneur Magazine, "When you begin to understand something at a deeper level, your passion for it begins to brew." Of course this was speaking of business - But I saw it as an "answer" to something else.

I saw it true in all areas of our lives.

But how do we begin to understand without study?
And how do we study without desire?
And how do we desire without seeing a need?
And how do we see a need without beginning to understand that we need to study?

It is God's calling.

One morning as I was reading about "calling", something began to stir in my soul and I kept hearing a song that said, "...calling Him, calling me..." "I was calling Him, calling me..." Over and over I heard that phrase. I got out the Hymnal and began looking for that phrase. I could barely discern a "feel" for the tempo of the song, but not the tune. I searched through the "Topical Index" and the "Hymns by Classification" - but nothing. I couldn't spot it. But I kept hearing "...calling Him, calling me..."Then suddenly it hit me!

"I Sought the Lord"

"I sought the Lord, and afterward I knew,
He moved my soul to seek Him, seeking me.
It was not I that found, O Saviour true;
No, I was found of thee...."

How many hundreds of times have I heard that song, but now the veil was lifted, the "curtain was torn in two" and I began to cry. HE moved my soul to seek Him, seeking me.

And now the question becomes - "Why?"

Why did He do this? It can't just be for me.

There has to be more to it than that...

Think on that a while...
Amen

Betty Newman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home